ReportOUT has a clear mission and is scaling its infrastructure to grow its reach. Corporate partnerships and fundraising are emerging areas of focus with a potential for huge impact on the future of the organisation.
ReportOUT’s strategy is to build awareness through direct outreach, create engagement through events and paid speaking events, and eventually solicit donations.
As a Business Development Officer, you will work with Trustees and Communications Officers to identify and engage potential corporate sponsors at target companies.
Along with the Trustee of Corporate Partnerships and Fundraising, you will create a shortlist of potential corporate sponsors, create a joint engagement pipeline, perform direct outreach, capture/analyse feedback on ReportOUT’s sponsorship offerings, and forge relationships.
You will help nurture these relationships with ReportOUT through communications, event invites, offers to present research through paid speaking engagements (for example, LGBT History Month, Pride), and help them fundraise during annual giving campaigns.
Hosted in our new Partnerships and Fundraising team, you will help ReportOUT build a durable foundation to support human rights research, campaigner training and workshops, events, mass communication, and defence campaigns.
In the role, you will gain experience with business
development and fundraising, while gaining exposure to critical human rights initiatives and
- You must be a clear communicator and comfortable with “cold” outreach through email and LinkedIn.
- You must be willing to represent the work of ReportOUT and identify shared interest or value with potential sponsors
- You must be adaptable and to use new technologies as part of your role. If you have not used customer relationship management software (Salesforce) before, you must be willing to try it and learn it to a high standard
- Experience in fundraising, business development, or sales
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 19/01/2024
End Date: 31/07/2024
University of Sunderland, Edinburgh Building,
Tyne and Wear