To provide a high level of customer service to customers visiting our charity shops, to replenish and manage stock on the shop floor and store room.
- Customer service and cash handling
- Accepting and sorting donations
- Replenish shop stock
- Steam/press and hold/hang clothes
- Clean homewares before putting on display
- Price items accordingly
- Keep shop clean and tidy ensuring any health and safety issues are reported immediately
- Ensure all customers are welcomed to the shop
- Build public support for the shelter
- Assisting on shelter events
Our charity shops are open Monday to Saturday between 930am and 430pm, volunteer positions would be during these times.
On occasion we may ask you to attend shelter fundraising events that may be outside of these hours, if you are comfortable doing so.
- We do not need you to have qualifications for this position but do ask you have some previous customer service experience.
- A willingness to promote the charity and what we do to members of the public visiting our shops
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/07/2023
End Date: 14/08/2024
Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter,
Benton North Farm,
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
More Opportunities from Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter
Wag & Company (North East Friendship Dogs)
Cats Protection – Northumbria Branch
PDSA (Whitley Bay Shop)