It is an exciting time for the Trust, with around £11m of investment being made in its residential assets and sites over the next 5 years. The Trust is also developing a longer-term business plan to help ensure that it continues to deliver maximum benefit from its assets and resources.
We require a Co-opted Director to sit on the Board of the Trust’s corporate trustee, which is the St Mary Magdalene & Holy Jesus Trustee Limited. The new Director will join an established Board consisting of a Chair, 2 other Co-opted Directors, 3 Directors nominated by the Freemen of Newcastle upon Tyne, 3 Directors nominated by Newcastle City Council and 1 Director nominated by the Bishop of Newcastle.
You will play an integral part in the way the Trust is run, ensuring we remain sustainable and financially viable and delivering the most benefit we can from our resources. The help you provide will be invaluable to us, our existing beneficiaries, and future beneficiaries.
You’ll get a great insight into what’s involved in the management of charities and develop skills in several different areas
We are particularly, although not exclusively, looking for candidates who have experience in either charity law, information technology, property management or quality assurance.
Trustees must hold at least four Board meetings each year.
Currently, the Board of Trustees meets around every 2 months usually at
10:30am at the Trust’s main site, which is at Claremont Road, Newcastle upon
Tyne, NE2 4NN.
- Experience of operating within a board or committee structure in a charitable, public sector or commercial organisation
- Capacity to contribute actively to the strategic direction of the Trust
- An ability to think strategically
- Confident and effective communication and influencing skills
- A proven track record of effective, independent, decision making
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team that makes collective strategic decisions and to accept collective corporate responsibility for decision making
- Personal credibility, with an ability to act as an organisation champion with a variety of stakeholders
- A record of personal integrity and behaviours consistent with Nolan's seven principles of public life
- Confirmation of a willingness to give at least the minimum time commitment required for the role.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 14/06/2022
End Date: 01/08/2022
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
People's Kitchen, The
Nightstop North East
People's Kitchen, The