Why we need you
Throughout the year, we have many exciting events which aim to raise funds for Alzheimer’s Society and awareness of the work that we do. By helping at these events, you will be supporting us to raise money to fund our vital work which includes campaigning for change, supporting people affected by dementia and funding research.
What you will be doing
- Supporting fundraising activity, for example, holding collection buckets or contactless donation machines, selling pin badges, helping silent auctions to run.
- Helping to raise awareness, for example, signposting people to where they can find out more information and handing out flyers.
- Support at your local Alzheimer’s Society events and larger annual and ad hoc events, such as Memory Walk.
- Acting as a representative of Alzheimer’s Society.
What you can expect from us
- We will make you feel welcome, included and respected.
- You will receive training, ongoing supervision and support.
- You will receive a face to face role and safety briefing for ad hoc events.
- You can claim pre-agreed out of pocket expenses (e.g. travel) in line with our policy.
- We’ll keep you up to date with relevant policies and procedures that apply to your role.
- You’ll have access to learning, development and engagement opportunities for volunteers
If you find completing online applications difficult, please don't let this stop you from applying....please call or email us and we can support you with the application process. You can contact the Volunteering Support Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0300 222 5706
This role will suit you if you
- Are friendly, welcoming and enjoy being part of large events.
- Enjoy engaging with people and being part of a wider team in your community.
- Are flexible and willing to take on a variety of different tasks as needed.
- Are a good communicator and are comfortable talking to people from all walks of life.
- Are looking for a proactive and flexible way of supporting the work of Alzheimer’s Society.
What we need from you
To ensure the safety and security of the public and volunteers we ask that:
- You inform us of any medical condition that may affect your volunteering at the event.
- You provide us with details of a suitable person to contact in case of emergency.
- You come prepared with suitable footwear, clothing and a charged mobile phone.
- You commit to completing your volunteering at the event.
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 15/12/2023
End Date: 15/12/2024
4 hours per week based around events.