Why we need you
Now more than ever, people affected by dementia need our support. As a Community Fundraising Ambassador, you will support our Fundraising team to raise awareness in local communities and help our supporters to raise funds. The impact of the role helps Alzheimer’s Society to reach and support more people affected by dementia.
What you will be doing
- Support the local Community Fundraiser to identify and engage with new supporters in your local community.
- Be an ambassador of Alzheimer’s Society by engaging with local supporters in a variety of ways such as attending events or cheque presentations, helping at bucket collections and information tables.
- You will support the Community Fundraiser to build brand awareness, support fundraisers and inspire people to understand more about dementia in your local community.
What you can expect from us
- We will make you feel welcome, included and respected.
- You will receive training, ongoing supervision and support.
- You can claim pre-agreed out of pocket expenses (e.g. travel) in line with our policy.
- We’ll keep you up to date with relevant policies and procedures that apply to your role.
- You’ll have access to learning, development and engagement opportunities for volunteers
This role will suit you if you
- Are passionate about making a difference in your local community and to the lives of people affected by dementia.
- Have experience of or an interest in fundraising and raising awareness.
- Have good communication skills and enjoy engaging with people.
- Are self motivated, organised and confident to volunteer independently.
What we need from you
To ensure the safety and security of people with dementia we ask for:
- One reference and proof of identity.
- To put the role into practice most effectively volunteers are recommended to continue for at least 6 months.
- Learning at the start will take about 1 day, followed by periodic refreshers.
- You will need your own computer, internet access and phone
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 15/12/2023
End Date: 15/12/2024
6 hours per week based around events.