Nightstop is a unique project which relies on community hosting to provide a safe, welcoming place for people in crisis. Volunteer hosts open their homes to people who are facing a night on the streets or sleeping in an unsafe place.
Nightstop have their own group of generous volunteers who all need regular meetings and contact to support them in their volunteer role.
Aim of the volunteer role:
The volunteer for this role will be supporting the Nightstop team in supporting their volunteers. This will include managing the recruitment of new volunteers which includes sending out application packs to enquiries, arranging interviews, DBS checks and references
This role also includes offering support around booking appointments for current volunteers such as supervisions and home visits. The volunteer in this role will be fully trained in how to fulfil this role and will have access to the Depaul systems
This role will be based at the Whitley Bay office.
- To support with enquiries and the recruitment of new host volunteers
- To arrange/book in volunteer interviews, training, home visits and supervisions
- To keep track of when these bookings are due and organising them with the volunteer independently. The volunteer is able to input their own tools to organise this such as excel spreadsheets
- To assist with admin support in filing information, sending letters, answering messages and answering the phone if necessary
- To be able to have confidence in using IT systems such as outlook and word
- To adhere to the terms of Depaul UK's policies and procedures currently in force and its Code of Practice
- To observe clear professional boundaries in our relations with the people we work with
- To take part in support sessions (supervisions) every 8 weeks with supervisor
- To claim back expenses
This role requires a volunteer to be available for 3 hours per week between the hours of 9am-5pm Mondays to Friday. These hours are flexible and may differ depending on the amount of volunteer work load, the work load can change around certain times of the year such as the Christmas period. The volunteer's supervisor will monitor the work load to ensure this is manageable for the volunteer. Please state on your application form what day and times you will be available to volunteer.
- The volunteer for this role will need to have an understanding of the issues faced by disadvantaged people facing homelessness
- The ability to volunteer in a non-judgemental manner is also essential as well as good communication, listening skills and organisation skills
- This volunteer must also be confident to keep organised for this role
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 17/10/2022
End Date: 01/05/2024
More Opportunities from DePaul UK
St. John Ambulance
People's Kitchen, The