The library is a community hub, enjoyed by all ages and carries out several events that both members and volunteers can get involved in.
Volunteers are part of our valued team and can get involved in a variety of tasks:
- Checking out / receiving any library books
- Provide support on locating books and other information
- Dealing with library purchases from library stock
- Offering customers help on computer tasks
- Dealing with enquiries from members of the public
- Helping to keep the library safe, clean and welcoming
- No previous experience or qualifications necessary, but would need to know the basic skills for using a computer as the role would require assistance for people to use the public computers.
We are looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic and happy to work as part of a team, whilst also being able to communicate well and have good interpersonal skills.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 17/01/2022
End Date: 29/12/2023
St Georges Terrace,
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne & Wear
St. Oswald's Hospice
Community Transport (Newcastle)
Marie Curie Hospice
Tools with a Mission (TWAM)