Are you ready for an exciting opportunity to shape the future of health and social care services in Newcastle?
Healthwatch Newcastle is the independent champion for people who use local health and social care services.
We hold health and social care service providers to account in Newcastle for the services they commission and deliver.
Why join us?
As the voice of local people using health and social care, we ensure service providers listen and influence them to make changes so their services better meet the needs of the community. Your involvement will be instrumental in shaping the very fabric of health and social care services in Newcastle.
We are seeking passionate individuals from diverse backgrounds to:
- Provide leadership and direction to Healthwatch Newcastle
- Act as an individual ambassador for Healthwatch Newcastle.
- Promote good governance
- Oversee research and engagement projects undertaken by Healthwatch Newcastle. Role and purpose of Healthwatch Newcastle Committee:
The main purpose of the Healthwatch Newcastle Committee is to act as an advisory body to deliver Healthwatch activities.
This includes to:
- oversee the strategic direction of Healthwatch Newcastle
- prioritise work to be undertaken.
- agree works plan based on issues raised and requests received from a wide variety of commissioning agents
- provide scrutiny and oversight, monitoring and reviewing progress against stated priorities and aims.
- Monitoring performance against key performance indicators
We understand the demands of time, so we ask for a minimum
commitment of one day per month.
- We are looking for individuals with a passion for promoting better health and social care outcomes
- Can you bring a cooperative and supportive approach?
- If you're ready to participate in discussions effectively, represent people’s
views professionally, work as part of a dynamic team, and champion organisational
change and improvement, we want YOU!
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 31/01/2024
End Date: 17/12/2025
Guide Dogs (North East)