As a Catering Volunteer you will work in the kitchen of our service venue to help prepare a good quality lunch for our older members.
You may help plan menus and you’ll get feedback from the older members about what they would like to eat at future activities.
You will help prepare food, keep the kitchen clean and to hygiene and health and safety standards and tidy away afterwards.
There will be staff involved so this is a team activity.
- Good communication skills.
- An understanding of the needs of older people.
- Food preparation skills.
- You will be reliable and punctual.
- You’ll have an awareness of the need for food hygiene standards.
- You’ll be willing to work in a team.
- You’ll be willing to participate in training and development.
- Age restrictions
Must be over 18 years of age.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
A member of staff will be present. There are also training opportunities.
- Training provided
Fire safety Food Safety Awareness Moving & Handling Dementia Friends COSHH
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/11/2023
End Date: 06/11/2024
Weekly availability requested.
Community Transport (Newcastle)
Newcastle Community Asset Trust (NCAT)
St. Oswald's Hospice