Corner Shop is our pre-loved charity shop. Volunteers would be assisting in the shop area by selling goods and sorting stock.
- To assist and serve customers, providing a good level of customer service
- To assist with processing donated stock, including sorting, steaming, pricing and hanging of donated items
- To assist in the visual merchandising of the shop and the display of items in the Community Café
- To be involved with the till operation and the handling of cash
- To assist in ensuring that health & safety processes are followed and general maintenance issues are reported
- To promote public understanding of the work Cornerstone delivers and the importance of raising funds through the shop
- To be a listening ear to the regular visitors of the shop
- Minor cleaning – dusting of shelves and wiping of countertop
- Occasional making of cups of tea or coffee for customers of the shop
This role forms part of Volunteer Passport Scheme Newcastle and requires you to complete one day of training with Newcastle City Learning. If you would like to apply please email Pam.Robinson@volunteeringmatters.org.uk
- Above all we're looking for team-player who will chip in where needed
- Shop experience would be helpful but is not essential
- If you are responsible, and compassionate then you'll fit right in at Cornerstone
Please be aware the shop is extremely busy first thing and can be frenzied with some poor behaviours demonstrated by customers. Not for the faint of heart!.
- Age restrictions
Only 19’s Only.
- Expenses reimbursed
Local travel expenses can be paid if needed
- Ongoing support
Staff are always available during the shops opening hours.
- Volunteer induction
Our existing volunteers will be happy to show you the ropes
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 10/02/2023
End Date: 01/02/2025
Wednesday and/or Thursday morning 0900 – 1300