General overview of role
The Promotions and Marketing volunteer – Independent Visitor service will assist the Volunteer Coordinator/Independent Visitor Coordinator to raise awareness of the independent visitor service to all stakeholders. This will support the service to recruit more volunteers, therefore increasing the amount of support we can offer to children in care.
Main tasks will include:
- Create materials to promote the service with children and young people
- Create materials to promote the service with young people’s carers
- Create materials to promote the service with potential volunteers groups.
- Research and monitor the use of various informational and recruitment platforms
- Support to develop interesting and informative presentations
- Support to seek out and develop partnerships with organisations who can refer potential new volunteers, raise awareness or donate funds
- To undertake interviews with volunteers and service users, and produce case studies for use in printed materials, training, online and in social media
- Work with other Nepacs staff to produce video/sound clips of services users and volunteers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
Public transport costs or mileage up to 22 mile radius at 40p per mile
- Training provided
Initial project induction and training
- Volunteer induction
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 13/11/2023
End Date: 13/11/2024
Discuss with organisation.