The Mercy Hub is a small charity working with disadvantaged families in Newcastle, helping them integrate, flourish and be happy.
We are looking for a volunteer who can help us increase our exposure in the local news media.
You will promote the work of the Mercy Hub in local news media by
- Attending occasional Mercy Hub events and taking photographs
- Writing press-releases about Mercy Hub activities and sending to local news media
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- To be Confident taking photographs
- To be confident online and on the telephone to share out stories with local news media
- Good organisational skills
Most of our events take place in and around the West End of Newcastle.
The role will be adapted around the time you have available. However, as a guide, we would like to be featured in the local media about once a month.
Training will be provided, and you will be fully supported by our coordinator.
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 30/05/2022
End Date: 01/08/2023
Newcastle Deaf Centre,
2 Summerhill Grove,
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
Gosforth & Jesmond Community Minibus
ReCoCo (Recovery College)
Marie Curie Hospice
St. Oswald's Hospice
Citizens Advice Newcastle