Who are we?
Emmaus Northeast are a registered charity striving to combat homelessness within our region. Our organisation offers individuals a transformative opportunity by providing them with a home, meaningful work, and a supportive community of like-minded individuals. We embrace people from all walks of life and foster solidarity and support for all those in need.
Depending on your interests, needs of the shop and training you may be involved with the following:
- To promote local understanding of the work of Emmaus Northeast.
- Receive donations from the public and ensure they are safely stored.
- Provide excellent customer service on the shop floor.
- Create attractive shop and window displays.
- Use Emmaus Northeast’s guidelines to sort and price goods.
- Promote our gift aid scheme.
- Operate our till system.
We encourage our volunteers to develop an understanding of retail work and can offer training courses in consumer rights, customer service and teamwork skills, alongside activities covering safeguarding, health and safety, disability awareness and equality, diversity and inclusion.
What this role can offer the volunteer
- Opportunity to develop and utilise your skills and experience.
- Build community spirit and pride in your area through solidarity.
- Gain valuable experience at a charity
- Flexibility of hours, travel and lunch reimbursed within line with Emmaus Northeast’s policies.
- Make lots of new friends and become part of our team.
- Work together to end homelessness.
This role is purely voluntary. If you are interested, please call 07496 316381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clear and effective communicator
- Positive attitude towards customer service
- Organised with a careful attention to detail
- Confident dealing with cash and cards
- Able to lift bags and light boxes
This role requires standing and walking around throughout the day.
The charity can make reasonable adjustments at all of the locations.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/10/2023
End Date: 09/10/2024
More Opportunities from Emmaus North East
People's Kitchen, The
People's Kitchen, The