EpiCentre is an innovative project facilitating location assessments in holiday destinations and how accessible they are for people with disabilities.
We are at a pivotal point in our development where we need and experienced Website designer to help us promote our service, help us build awareness and reach the audiences that matter
We need a volunteer who has the skills and experience to help us
- Design and develop our charity's website, ensuring a visually appealing and user-friendly interface. Utilize your skills in HTML, CSS, and other relevant programming languages to create a responsive and functional website.
- Must have experience in creating complex coding for website integrations and functionality e.g. velo code
- Collaborate with the team to incorporate and update content on the website, including text, images, videos, and downloadable resources.
- Ensure that all content is accurate, relevant, and up to date.
- Continuously improve the website's user experience by implementing intuitive navigation, clear calls-to-action, and responsive design elements. Conduct user testing and gather feedback to identify areas for improvement.
- Regularly monitor the website for technical issues, broken links
- Introduce and software updates as necessary
- Optimise our visibility and rankings
- Ensure the website has accessibility functions
- Implement appropriate security measures to protect the website from potential threats and ensure compliance with privacy regulations.
- Regularly back up website data and implement necessary security updates.
- Experience with responsive design and mobile optimization.
- Basic understanding of SEO principles and website analytics.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to ensure accuracy in coding and design implementation.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills to enhance the website's functionality and user experience.
- Knowledge of website security best practices.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 02/11/2023
End Date: 24/12/2024
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from EpiCentre
British Heart Foundation - Byker (F & E Store)
North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust