Who are we?
Emmaus Northeast are a registered charity striving to combat homelessness within our region. Our organisation offers individuals a transformative opportunity by providing them with a home, meaningful work, and a supportive community of like-minded individuals. We embrace people from all walks of life and foster solidarity and support for all those in need.
Depending on your interests and training you may be involved with the following:
- To promote local understanding of the work of Emmaus Northeast.
- Receive furniture donations from the public and ensure they are safely stored.
- Establish excellent workshop operating standards.
- Assist in upcycling furniture donations under the supervision of the workshop manager.
- Learn to use different workshop tools to create goods to sell in our social enterprises.
- Receive training in General workshop safety, use of PPE and Health and Safety.
- Coming up with creative ideas for pieces we can produce.
We encourage our volunteers to develop an understanding of being in a workshop and can offer training courses in electrical safety, PPE, general workshop safety, COSHH and noise awareness. We also offer activities covering safeguarding, disability awareness and equality, diversity and inclusion.
What this role can offer you
- Opportunity to develop and utilise your skills and experience.
- Build community spirit and pride in your area through solidarity.
- Gain valuable experience at a charity
- Flexibility of hours, travel and lunch reimbursed within line with Emmaus Northeast’s policies.
- Make lots of new friends and become part of our team.
- Work together to end homelessness.
This role is purely voluntary. If you are interested, please call 07496 316381 or email email@example.com
- Clear and confident communicator
- Able to stand and lift heavy items
- Willing to volunteer under supervision and follow relevant policies and practices
- Enjoys teamwork
The charity can make reasonable adjustments.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/10/2023
End Date: 09/10/2024
More Opportunities from Emmaus North East
Emmaus North East
People's Kitchen, The
People's Kitchen, The
Crisis Skylight Newcastle