Please note: this role is only needed for the Christmas period.
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Rough sleeping can take a real toll on the feet of many of our guests. Crisis Podiatry Volunteers provide a range of treatments and footcare advice for our guests, mainly treating corns and calluses, mycotic and gryphotic nails, and much blistering and maceration.
What you will gain
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a volunteer led team making a real difference to the lives of homeless people over the Christmas period
- The opportunity to share existing or develop new skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Access to relevant Crisis at Christmas training events
- Support and advice from Crisis at Christmas staff team
- Experience in running activities
- A platform for building confidence
- Skills and knowledge in providing services for homeless people
Your tasks may include:
- The Podiatry service team can also refer guests across to Crisis healthcare colleagues if necessary.
- You will have opportunity to debrief after your shift and report back to the Service Organiser.
If you plan to apply for this role, please note you will need your HCPC number to hand.
Who we are looking for
- Qualified podiatrists to treat our guests' feet
- Qualified podiatrists must provide their HCPC numbers during the application process.
There is a minimum requirement of one shift for qualified podiatrists.
- We expect volunteers to comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
- To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all accessible information about guests and the organisation
- Be positive, productive and have the passion to help end homelessness
- We strive to ensure that our services are welcoming, remain relevant and are fully accessible to everyone that we help and support.
- We are particularly welcoming of volunteers from diverse and other marginalised communities, as this helps us ensure the best experience for those that we are here to help.
- People who have lived experience of homelessness are also particularly welcome to apply.
- DBS check required
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 27/10/2023
End Date: 11/12/2023
11th December 9:30am - 4:30pm
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from Crisis Skylight Newcastle
Crisis Skylight Newcastle
British Heart Foundation - Byker (F & E Store)
Emmaus North East
Brain Tumour Research