Provide support to members of the public attending the Pop in Centre.
Visitors will be calling for advice and benefits drop in sessions, volunteers will be helping make hot drinks for those waiting to be seen.
Volunteers will help complete screening forms for advice and information and registration forms for Search.
Volunteers will help members attending the pop in centre to order food from the local foodbank.
The pop in centre is available for people to call in and have a chat, volunteers will make drinks and chat to those who have called in.
Search will also run activities from the Pop in centre, volunteers will be helping to facilitate these groups.
Volunteers may be asked to carry out some administrative tasks and take calls
As this role is included within the Volunteer Passport Scheme, you will be required to complete the volunteer recruitment process including one day of training with Newcastle City Learning, to apply please email Pam.Robinson@volunteeringmatters.org.uk
- Good communication skills
- Ability to relate to people
- Ability to signpost to people to the information or services they require
- Volunteer in a person centred way
- Good organisation skills
- Encourage social inclusion
- Comfortable handling cash for food parcels
- An interest in older people and the challenges they face
- Willingness to volunteer as part of a team
- A willingness to participate in necessary training
- Able to offer a warm welcome to those visiting the Pop in centre
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Search Newcastle staff always available for any support needed, volunteer coordinator offers on going support to volunteers
- Volunteer induction
Induction to Search Newcastle
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 22/09/2023
End Date: 22/09/2024
More Opportunities from Search (Newcastle)
Percy Hedley Foundation
British Heart Foundation (West Denton)
Borderline Support UK
Gosforth & Jesmond Community Minibus
Elswick Community Leisure Centre