The Pop Up Pantry is a mobile food co-operative, that will be operating in a number of communities across the city
We will provide the local community with access to a broad range high quality food and household goods at low cost. We will aim to save our members 50% or more on the items they items they buy from the Pop Up Pantry.
Our goal is far more than reducing a members household budget, we want to create places of community, support, advocacy when needed, advice and more.
We want to play our part in helping people discover and unleash their extraordinary potential through helping them out of poverty and isolation and into healthy and sustainable life patterns. We also aim to provide other activities such as children and family events, cookery classes, budgeting advice, and more.
You will receive training and support every step of the way.
The essential tasks involved are expected to be straight forward:
- To help with stock management of food and household goods coming in the pantry storehouse
- Registering of products entering and leaving the storehouse
- Ordering products into date order
- Pricing of products
- Transfer of products to and from storage space to the Pop-up pantry
- General communication with pop up pantry team
- Have Fun!!
- Basic IT literacy
- Ability to support and maintain the cash register
- Good customer service skills
- Good interpersonal skills – friendly and helpful
- Highly compassionate for the welfare of others
- Some physical manual handling will be required
- Although this is not essential
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/11/2022
End Date: 01/08/2024
More Opportunities from Life Vineyard Church
Guide Dogs (North East)
British Heart Foundation - Byker (F & E Store)
Forest Hall Young People's Club