We offer a 12 week in depth training course for local women with breastfeeding experience to support local families through their pregnancies and breastfeeding journeys.
During the antenatal period, we match volunteers with families to offer support and information during pregnancy.
If the families choose to breastfeed we can offer support via telephone, online virtual group or face to face in our social groups.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- One to one support with an antenatal family
- Attending breastfeeding social groups and offering peer support
- Making calls to women when breastfeeding has been established
- Making content for social media
Our training starts in April and will be on a Thursday from 9:30am - 1pm.
- All of our volunteers must have breastfeeding experience, either from feeding a baby from the breast directly or from expressing breastmilk to feed a baby
- All volunteers need to have a Newcastle postcode
- Age restrictions
must have breastfeeding experience
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 08/07/2022
End Date: 31/08/2023
More Opportunities from Healthworks Newcastle
Girls Friendly Society - North East England
Rainbow Trust Children's Charity
Building Futures East
Smart Works Newcastle