Please note: This role is only needed for the Christmas period
You will contribute to ending homelessness by
Our Crisis nail bar gives guests a chance to feel pampered and confident and, along with salon and massage, is one of our busiest and most popular services.
Nail technicians offer a shape, buff and polish service and can also offer hand massages. We do not offer shellac or nail extensions.
What you will gain
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a volunteer led team making a real difference to the lives of homeless people over the Christmas period
- The opportunity to share existing or develop new skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- Access to relevant Crisis at Christmas training events
- Support and advice from Crisis at Christmas staff team
- Experience in running activities
- A platform for building confidence
- Skills and knowledge in providing services for homeless people
Your tasks may include:
- You will be part of the Activities and Wellbeing Team team along with Hairdressers, Sports, Wellbeing and Massage Volunteers and overseen by Activity Organisers.
- Our training will show you what to expect when offering nail technician services in our Christmas centres.
- Professional nail technicians
- People who are enthusiastic about making our guests feel good
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with vulnerable guests
- A positive attitude and the ability to be friendly and welcoming to guests who may not have visited a nail bar before
- Ability to work with the Shift Team and report any potential issues to the shift leader
- Ability to deliver Crisis at Christmas services in a fair manner ensuring that the safety of the guests and volunteers is of paramount importance at all times
- Be a positive role model for all volunteers exhibiting behaviours outlined in the Volunteers Code of Conduct
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/10/2023
End Date: 08/12/2023
11th December 9:30am-4:30pm
More Opportunities from Crisis Skylight Newcastle
Emmaus North East
People's Kitchen, The
Crisis Skylight Newcastle