We support groups and organisations in developing high-quality experiences for volunteers. Whether you are new to Volunteer Management or have years of experience in supporting volunteers we are here to support you in whatever way you need.
Volunteer Centre Newcastle is here as your critical friend. We are here to support organisations in developing best practice in the management of volunteers
There are many ways in which your organisation or group could benefit from involving volunteers.
Some of these include:
- Volunteers can build a bridge between your organisation and the community you serve;
- Volunteers can help you engage with people who may be isolated or not connected with their community;
- Volunteers bring diversity which can enrich your organisation or group by bringing new cultural experience and people who are a representative of the wider community;
- Volunteers bring a range of qualities, skills, and expertise such as languages, cultural understanding, specialist skills, and lived experience;
- Involving volunteers can allow you to extend and add value to services that you provide within local communities and can strengthen community cohesion;