Oxfam has a network of 700 shops throughout the UK. The purpose of the Trading division is to make as much money as possible to overcome poverty and suffering.
The purpose of the voluntary finance assistant would be the recording and processing of the shop income and / or associated expenditure for the Oxfam Shops.
The volunteer may be asked to do some or all of the following:
- Logging in and filing of shop income returns
- Checking and entering data from income returns
- Problem solving and dealing with queries
- Bank reconciliation work - investigating discrepancies
- Gift Aid Processing and VAT sorting
- Support of other volunteers after a certain level of experience had been gained
- Checking the accuracy of invoices
- Processing invoices for payment by entering relevant data onto payment system
- Problem solving with queries
- Customer Care / phone answering duties
- Opening, sorting and distributing mail
We try to be flexible to encourage the needs and skills of individual volunteers. We are looking for people who can commit to a minimum of 6 hours per week (either half days or full days).
We reimburse lunch (if work more than 5 hours per day) and reasonable travel expenses. We are happy to issue learning certificates to all volunteers on request.
We ask that you have some or all of:
- Good basic numeracy
- Have attention to detail
- A basic knowledge or willingness to learn IT skills
- A good efficient organised work style
- A good team player
- Show adaptability and flexibility
- Good interpersonal skills
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
Thourough Health and Safety induction and placed with a supervisior
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 23/06/2022
End Date: 19/12/2023
Oxfam Finance Office,
4th Floor, Hadrian House,
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear